Skill Sets in demand in Australia
Posted by admin
Effective 1st July 2017, the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) will be applicable for General Skilled migration visas – Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent Visa), Subclass 489 (Skilled Regional Provisional Visa who are not nominated by a State or Territory government agency) and Subclass 485 (Graduate Temporary Visa) visa applications.
The Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) will be applicable for Subclass 190 (Skilled—Nominated visa) or Subclass 489 (Skilled—Regional (Provisional) visa.
The Government will update the lists on a rotation of 6 months, which will be based on extensive consultations with industry experts and the Department of Employment and the Department of Education and Training.
Criminal Checks are made mandatory for all visa applicants as a process of application.
Effective 1st July 2017, all permanent skilled visas will have tightened English language and lower maximum age requirements.
- Commercial Analysts – focusing on growth and revenue generation to be driven from finance not operations;
- Data Analysts – hard and soft skills, digital tools and data-mining while managing stakeholders and communicating the evidence for decision-making purposes;
- Digital Marketing Analysts – experienced digital marketers, implement a full marketing strategy
- Cyber Security and DevOps specialists as the need for risk mitigation and process improvements increases;
- PHP, Drupal, Native iOS and Android and Microsoft SQL BI Developers
- Business Development Managers – driving new business growth;
- HR Business Partners – SPOC for all HR related issues;
- Executive Assistants
- Change Analysts – skilled at organizational shifts.
- Policy Officers/Senior Policy Officers
- Procurement professionals
- Property & Construction Lawyers – exposure to the active property and real estate market;
- Residential Property Managers
- Project Managers, Site Managers and Contract Administrators – for construction projects;
- Project Lead Architects
- Facilities Managers/Facilities Coordinators
- Civil Design Engineers – residential land development and subdivision market;
- Clinical Research Associates – clinical trials
- Social Workers– children, families dealing with domestic violence and abuse.
- Early Childhood Teachers – population growth;
- Deputy Principals and Principals – education sector
- Mortgage Lenders
- Insurance Brokers
- Customer Engagement Managers
- Skilled Merchandise Planners
- Continuous Improvement Managers
- Fleet Controllers – wharf experience, especially for night shifts
- Project Engineers – oil & gas sector
- Mechanical Fitters
- Civil Operators